After installing Nvidia drivers in Ubuntu you lose that beautiful Plymouth boot screen. Here's how to fix that:
- In Grub press C and enter vbeinfo. It will show supported resolutions
- Boot Ubuntu and in terminal write sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
- After line #GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480 write GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1920x1080-32 (here your supported resolution)
- Next in terminal: echo "FRAMEBUFFER=y" | sudo tee -a /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
- sudo update-initramfs -u -k all
- sudo update-grub
- Reboot and look at that beautiful screen again.
P.S.: If this didn't work for you, try this method.